Is your baby…
- cranky and irritable?
- showing signs of nappy rash all of a sudden?
- pulling at their teeth?
- suddenly waking every couple of hours?
- crying inconsolable?
Ah teething, it’s a joy – said no parent ever!
The past couple of nights have been sleepless in my household, due to an inconsolable little boy waking every couple of hours and like most parents / carers will tell you, sometimes it’s just a matter of weathering it through. Here’s a chart that gives you a rough indication of when to expect certain teeth coming through the gum line.
Here’s a few things we always try with our teething toddler:
- Dummy / pacifier filled with water and frozen. Nuby tend to sell dummies you can do this with.
- Cold teething rings
- Cold baby yoghurt or fruit purees
- Cold water in sippy cup
- Teething necklaces and bracelets (for the mother to wear) from places such as Bon Bon Bella
- Cold, wet wash cloth
- Teething gel such as Bonjela or Sudagel
- Pain medication such as Baby Panadol or Nureofen. I only use this if nothing else helps and please use as directed.
Other friends use Amber beads for their baby and swear by them. I also find it’s best not to give hot meals to your baby during this time.
I also love the idea of the Gummee Glove, as illustrated below. You can read more about the glove here.